Confidentiality is guaranteed for all clients except in the following cases:
* If child abuse is either reported or suspected.
* When the child is a minor, the parents/guardians are entitled to know the condition diagnosis, and progress of therapy.
* If the client poses a "clear and imminent danger" to either themselves or someone else including family members, police, or the threatened party.
* If the client is or becomes a "vulnerable adult".
* If the client releases information with written authorization.
* If a court subpoenas your records.
* When the consultation or supervision with another therapist or Pastoral Counselor is desired. If this occurs, confidentiality will be maintained between the two therapists/Pastoral Counselors.
If you are concerned that someone who has access to your computer will find out that you have been participating in online counseling, you can delete the cache of your browser. Free firewall software is also available on the Internet. It is not wise to e-mail from your place of employment.
I will do my best to maintain my computer files and hard copy files of our correspondence with the utmost security measures in place.